|June 25, 2022 - June 24, 2024||2 weeks|
I am flexible both in terms of duration and whether the exchange is simultaneous or non-simultaneous.
San Francisco, the City by the Bay
Welcome to San Francisco, the City by the Bay! I hope you will feel relaxed, comfortable, and at home here.
I live in an historic neighborhood of San Francisco. My flat is across the street from the cable car barn (and therefore not appropriate for people who are seeking a quiet place to stay), and my block is one of very few in the city with active cable car lines traversing all four sides of the block. My beautiful one-bedroom, one-bath flat with an estimated size of 800 square feet is perfect for 1 or 2 people -- maximum 3 -- to enjoy. It still retains its original 1912 hardwood floors; its bathroom (the toilet is conveniently situated in a separate room from the bathtub, shower, and sink) and kitchen have been remodeled; and stainless-steel appliances have been installed. The ceilings are high - probably 11 feet - and the street-facing windows looking east let in loads of natural afternoon light. The unit has entirely separate living and dining rooms, which can be closed off from one another using the original 110-year-old wooden pocket doors. There is a small roof-top deck with a view of the Transamerica Pyramid and Coit Tower -- a great place to sit and relax in the mornings and evenings.
I live in a blended residential-commercial neighborhood of San Francisco in a nine-unit building with wonderful neighbors. My flat has ONE bedroom with a queen-size bed; a bathroom with both a bathtub and a shower; a small, well-equipped kitchen (but NO dishwasher); and secured WiFi. I have a double-size mattress which can be placed on the floor in the dining room for additional sleeping space, but there is no bed frame for it, so it would not be suitable for anyone who has difficulty getting down to the floor and back up. The smart TV has Acorn, Apple TV, BritBox, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, and local channels.
In the kitchen, I have a toaster, gas oven, gas stove, French press coffee pot, espresso machine, microwave, and Vitamix, in addition to, of course, all the standard kitchen utensils, dishes, and glassware.
I hope you will feel relaxed, comfortable, and at home while you are here!
1. There is no dishwasher, washing machine, or tumble dryer in the building. I do my laundry at a laundromat six hilly blocks away from my building and hang-dry it in my flat. I wash my dishes by hand. 2. There are only two flat, level blocks in my neighborhood -- everything else is uphill or downhill (STEEP hills), so you will get great exercise while you stay here. This is not a neighborhood for easy, flat-level walking. 3. Unfortunately, because there are 24 stairs from the street level up to the flat and no lift, this would not be a suitable exchange for anyone with physical limitations. 4. I often travel alone, but sometimes travel with friends or family members. If you and I discuss the possibility of an exchange, I will of course honor your wishes regarding which of my loved ones--if any--join me in the exchange.
- 1 Volwassenen
- 0 Kinderen
- 5 Uitgevoerde Vakantieafspraken
- Writer and Editor
- Soort Huis: Flat
- Verdieping: 2
- Situering in de omgeving: In de stad
- Slaapkamers: 1
- Badkamers: 1
- Aantal beschikbare slaapplaatsen: 2
- Living Area: 800 sq ft
- Total Area: 800 sq ft
In mijn huis
- Huisdieren - Toegestaan
- Kleine kinderen - Toegestaan
Type van Afspraken
- Niet-Simultane ruil gevraagd
- Gratis internet aansluiting
- Centrale verwarming
- Terrace or deck
- Niet Roken
Landenlijst met onze mogelijke bestemmingen
- Open voor alle aanbiedingen
Door ons gesproken talen
- Writer and Editor
- Wij hebben geen kleine kinderen
- Er zijn geen huisdieren vermeld
Among the 5 exchange partners below, some gave their feedback on their Intervac experience with this member: